AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

No start and code p0351 after 10 seconds of cranking

Customer Question

no start and code p0351 after 10 seconds of cranking
Category: Jeep
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 11 months ago.

Try swapping the automatic shutdown relay with another one in the fuse box. Other than that, you seem to have pretty much covered all your bases regarding that code that I am aware of, unless the coil you changed wasn't the #1 coil?

let me know if this helps you. Thank you.

DIAGNOSTIC FLOW CHART

Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 10 months ago.

Was this what you were looking for? If not please let me know so I can help you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
asd relay is good. I have injector pulse, rpm. I have power to the coil (only has one coil). checked my grounds (ok). when I backprobe the negitive side of coil and crank the engine the test light does not pulse. When I use mt computer monitor in system check mode isolating the coil it does not fire the coil. The old computer was water logged and this is a rebuilt one from A1 cardone.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello

Did you follow the steps in that flow chart above? what step did you get to?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
dine this one already. I will do it again and write down all readings and get back to you.

Ok. I have quite a few things to do today so I will be in and out.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello Brian I'am back and have done flow chart.

How did it go?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
have power to green wire at coil. hook up test light to power and check gray wire going to ecm no flicker. resistance on gray wire below 5.0 ohms. checked gray wire for short to ground (ok).

The gray wire is the ignition coil driver circuit. Did you measure the resistance on that wire from the PCM connector to the coil connector?

When you disconnect the connectors at the #1 coil and at the pcm, if you checked the resistance on the gray wire between the connectors and it was less than 5 ohms, and you checked the gray wire to ground resistance and have more than 5 ohms then you likely have gotten a bad PCM. If there is ANY question at all as to the integrity of that wire, I would bypass it and see if the problem resolves. Check the connectors very good as well.