Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 1965 cj5, have replaced the fuel pump three time,

Customer Question

i have a 1965 cj5, have replaced the fuel pump three time, what is possible problems
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 10 months ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site!

I’m a retired master technician and tech instructor with over 30 years experience. I also have access to a pretty good database on automotive service and repair. All of which enables me often times to offer you an educated guess on what the problem with your vehicle might be. However, if you’re thinking on working on the vehicle yourself, all my knowledge and resources won’t help you if you…

… don’t have tools or the skill to use them

… don’t know there will probably be some special tools and equipment needed for a proper diagnosis

… don’t realize it may take a few back and forth replies to solve the issue

Having said that, what has made you replace the fuel pump those three times? Leaks? Incorrect pressure - too low/too high? Cam lobe worn out?