Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Oil Pressure sensor coded

Customer Question

Customer: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Oil Pressure sensor coded on NYS inspection. Where is it located and Is it easy to replace?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The check engine light came on during inspection. The vehicle has 45026 miles on it. It failed the inspection due to P0520 and U140 code.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jeep Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

Ok, there are 4 different engine sizes available on the 2014 GC, so I need to get the exact engine size. If not sure, please post the 8th digit of the vin number and I can pull it from that

Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

I would really like to help you and give you directions to replace the oil pressure sensor including diagrams, but with 4 different engine sizes, I cant guess which one you have and therefore if you want help with this, please provide either the exact engine size or the 8th digit of the vin number

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
2014 Jeep GC Limited 3.6L Gas
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

Ok, this one is a bit of a pain as Jeep stuck in underneath the lower intake manifold at the engine valley. It is about a 2hr job for experienced tech and 3hr for a novice.

Give me a few minutes to upload the directions

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That's fine. I have to drop it to the Dealer so I can pass my NYS inspection.. Thank you
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

Ok , directions are attached. Now you will need new coolant, new oil, and an upper and lower intake manifold gasket set in addition to the oil pressure sensor

Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

not all directions uploaded - here are the rest

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?