Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

My wipers will not turn off on my 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Customer Question

my wipers will not turn off on my 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee after it got detailed
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. can you adjust the speed of the wipers?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I just picked the car up from getting detailed. The wipers run continuously, and you can't adjust the speed, and the back wipers don't work either.
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Ok, di the detail shop clean the engine department with water?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It didn't look like it. They waxed the exterior and detail the interior
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Ok let me check a few things real quick. I will be back asap.

Chris

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Ok, after studying the wiring diagram, it appears as though the problem is with the wiper switch, or the TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module). The TIPM is the under hood fuse box and contains electronic circuits for many of the Jeeps electrical systems. A scan tool that can communicate with the TIPM will be needed to properly diagnose if it is the switch or the TIPM. The dealer or shop can do this. In the meantime remove fuse # ***** to keep the wipers off. That will allow you to at least drive it to the dealer or shop and have the TIPM and switch checked.

I hope this helps! And let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Good morning! Just checking back to see if you were able to get that j20 fuse removed and get the wipers to turn off.

Chris

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I took the Jeep back to the car wash. I feel like it was something they did while detailing the car. Since, there were not any problems before with the wipers.
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Ok, well were you able to shut them off by pulling the j20 fuse?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris