Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have an 04 jeep liberty limited as well and i followed the

Customer Question

Hello mark,
I have an 04 jeep liberty limited as well and i followed the instruction for this post to find that the low speed isn't working but niether speed kick on while the jeep is running. I've tried it with the ac on/off, ive run it up to temp and still the high fan doesn't come on. Is it possible that the coolant temp sensor is bad as well as the low fan speed. I have tested both relays by switching them with the blower motor relays which are the same and the blower motor still works.
thanks,
tim
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The fan wont kick on with the ac on unless the ac pressures start to rise to a point where the fan needs to kick on to cool the ac condensor.Usually the fan(s) wont kick on as well with engine temp until the engine hits a certain temp usually around 210 to 215 and higher.If none of these conditions are present the fans wont kick on.If the engine is overheating or if the ac isnt cooling properly then you may have a fan issue.Let me know if this is the case here and we can look into this further.Usually if the temp gauge on the dash is displaying properly this isnt an engine coolant temp sensor fault.

In some cases this can be caused by a fault in the wiring to the relays or an issue with the engine computer not engaging the relays but the above conditions must be present in order for the fans to engage.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete