Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

2000 Jeep cherokee - wont start in park only in neutral.

Customer Question

Customer: 2000 Jeep cherokee - wont start in park only in neutral. will idle no problem, will idle in gear no problem, let it roll and it dies. have checked all codes replaced a ton of normal items - dies!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what additional detail would be helpful
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jeep Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes and $18 is great if it fixes the issues - we have invested a lot of time and money(parts) into the jeep.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i am not interested in a subscription only answers to this question - when satisfied i will pay the $18.00 as originally identified
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
do you have an idea how much longer it will be?
Expert:  Brad replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!!

If it will not start in park I would inspect the range sensor to see if it's operating correctly.. Also when the engine stalls is it loosing spark or fuel?

Talk soon,

Brad