sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Jeep grand cheroke larado alarm system is going off and wont

Customer Question

Customer: Jeep grand cheroke larado alarm system is going off and wont let it run.Lights flashing on and off wont sotop
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I olnly have a key for ignition .no door key horn blows and lights blink on and off.Wont stop or sta running
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jeep Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: cranks but wont run
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You don't mention what year the Jeep is but I'm assuming it's a WJ or ZJ body vehicle with the SKIM system. The SKIM system uses a transponder in the key that communicates with a module in the steering column and would disarm security.

There are two ways to disarm factory security. One is by unlocking a door or the liftgate with a key, and the other is pressing the unlock button on a key fob. Do you have a functional key fob?