Jeep Service
Jeep Service, Jeep Owner
Experience:  14 years with AMC/Jeep Specializing with pre-1994 Jeep products.
14892859

I got your response earlier and thank you. I just received a

Customer Question

Hi! I got your response earlier and thank you. I just received a call from Pep boys as they are working on my car and the said there is a gasket that needs replaced and that the water pump had a small leak that looked like it had stopped because of the gasket leak. they said they are concerned that when they replace the gasket the water pump will begin to leak again. what do you think?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Jeep Service replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Anytime you have any kind of leak at the water pump you need to replace it immeditaly. Little leaks can become big leaks in a matter of minutes. When this happens there is not warning lights until it is too late. Not replacing the water pump right now could ultimatly cause the engine to run out of coolant and incur sever damaged because of it. I would strongly recommend you get the water pump replaced.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer