Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

This is 2008 cheep patriot. Every time l fill up the tank,

Customer Question

This is 2008 cheep patriot. Every time l fill up the tank, few minutes later the car stall once or twice. Then goes away and. Is fine again.
Reply please. thank you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  John Bryant replied 1 year ago.

Hi Robert, my name is***** for posting your question to Just Answer. I am an ASE Certified Auto Technician with 45 years of real world experience in dealerships and the aftermarket. I was the owner of a facility for 20 of those years. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution. I will also make every effort to give you all of the information you may need with the expectation you will give me a positive rating. Please be aware that I am usually working with a few people at a time so it may take a few minutes to respond.

Hi Robert is the check engine light on?

Robert I believe I have the information you need are you still interested? would you like to discuss it on the phone?

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. This is a fuel tank problem. The tank has a fuel vapor separator that is designed to keep raw fuel from entering the evaporative emission system lines. When this vapor separator fails and sticks open then raw fuel will enter the vapor lines and travel through the purge solenoid. Then the raw fuel gets drawn into the engine and floods it out after filling it up. But here is the thing: that separator is built into the fuel tank and is not replacable. The tank will need to be replaced. This would be covered under an emission warranty, but your vehicle may be out of that warranty. However send me the VIN number and current mileage and I will look it up.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!

Chris