Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I am trying to bypass the factory amps on my 2006 jeep

Customer Question

Customer: I am trying to bypass the factory amps on my 2006 jeep liberty Matt
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I installed a new radio and speakers, the 2006 jeep liberty has to amps on the front door speakers that power all the speaker as well. I have been told nurmoers times that I need to remove those amps to get the quality of sound I am lpo0oking for through my aftermarket system
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jeep Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Are you trying to bypass the amps but still retain the use of the factory speakers, or eliminate all of them?

I need the vin number of your vehicle to pull the correct schematics to be able to walk you thru this if possible