Jeep Service
Jeep Service, Jeep Owner
Experience:  14 years with AMC/Jeep Specializing with pre-1994 Jeep products.
14892859

2001 Cherokee dies when coming to a stop intermittently.

Customer Question

2001 Cherokee dies when coming to a stop intermittently. Anything ring a bell? Just had to replace the alternator it was not charging and replaced the battery one month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Jeep Service replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Most often, on the 4.0 litre Jeep engines, a stall at idle, at times, can be attributed to either a dirty idle air control valve, or a faulty idle air control valve. If this vehicle was in my shop, I would recommend a complete cleaning of the throttle body. If it is excessively dirty, I would also recommend replacement of the idle air control valve.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sounds very possible. Appreciate your help. Thanks.

You are very welcome. Glad to help. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Happy New Year.