Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I've got 3 obdii codes showing up on my 2000 jeep Cherokee

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, and I've got 3 obdii codes showing up on my 2000 jeep Cherokee
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: p0305, p1494, and p0456 plus my local mechanic says my fuel pump is going bad
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jeep Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yeah I can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** engine do you have in this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
4.0

ok, the P0456 and p1494 are related and is most likely a bad vacuum line at the leak detection pump, the P0305 is a missfire on #5 cylinder, can be caused by a bad spark plug or coil, none of these relate to anything with the fuel pressure, does the engine run good?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Pretty well, hard to start though.

the lines at the cannister can also cause the first codes, and can cause a hard start, the easiest way to find the vacuum leak is with a smoke test, most shops can do this test for about 40 dollars, they use a smoke machine to pump smoke into the syatem, and even the smallest of leaks will show up, the most common places are at the leak detection pump unde the hood, or at the emmissions cannister under the c=vehicle by the fuel tank,Tim