Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year working in the automotive field as a Tech.
7276279

I have a 2010 JK Unlimited that the power door locks are not

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 2010 JK Unlimited that the power door locks are not working (can use the remote to enable the alarm but the locks do not lock when lock button is pressed). Also the washer pump is not working.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I did find a blown fuse and replace it but that just enabled the washer pump to engage full on without engaging the switch on the stalk.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jeep Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are describing with the door locks can be caused by any of the following,

• Door Lock Switches
  • Ignition Switch
  • Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM)
  • Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) Wiring

With the TIPM being the most common cause. In order to determine what is failing you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/TIPM%20reset%20Dec%2030.pdf

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ron - Thanks for the info but I am also experiencing an issue with the washer fluid pump. The fuse for the pump blew and when replacing the fuse the pump starts to pump out fluid. I did try replacing the pump with a new one but the same full on pumping happened with the new pump also. Are the washer pump and door locks on the same circuit?
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Before you do anything try rebooting the TIPM as mentioned in the steps I sent you.