Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have a 2000 Jeep Cherokee limited and lately when I start

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Jeep Cherokee limited and lately when I start up the car the power steering does not kick in right away. Any suggestions as to the cause?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. As long as the power steering fluid is full and clean, this is going to be caused by a bad power steering pump. Also, be sure to check for any restrictions in the fuel pressure and return lines as well as the steering shaft. Sometimes they bind up over time preventing the steering wheel from turning smooth back and forth. I am glad I can help! Please dont forget to rate. Good luck and let me know if you have any further questions.