Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

My name is ***** ***** and I have a 1999 Jeep wrangler sport

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** ***** and I have a 1999 Jeep wrangler sport 4.0 litre. Original problem was every now and then as I turn the key I lost power to both the radio and the wipers. After turning the key back and forward again it would reset and I would get radio and wipers back. I was told it could be the ignition switch. Before I change that, the other day while it was raining the wipers just quit working eventhough I still had power to the radio. Now wipers do not work at all. I did change the ignition switch this morning but still no wipers. I have played around a little with the wiring harness to the wiper motor itself this morning but have no tools to check where power is and is not going. However, I have read online that if the wiper fluid motor is still working that the problem is more likely than not somewhere else as the motor should still be good. What about the wiper arm switch itself which I am holding in my hand. Could this be the problem?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just did
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jeep Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. I will need your VIN so I can pull a wiring diagram for the wiper circuit and then I will be able to walk you through this diagnoses. Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
vin#1J4FY19S6XP470753
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for the VIN! Lets start by checking for power going into the wiper motor with the switch on high. It looks like it should get power on the red wire with yellow stripe as well with the switch turned on high. Also, the black wire should be ground. Please check these and let me know.