Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a grand cherokee 98-99 year but its has no gear

Customer Question

Customer: i have a grand cherokee 98-99 year but its has no gear change
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what happen the transmission was working well but i had a friend with the same type of jeep and he had a valve body problem so i lend my valve body to him to see if his problem was the valve body and it turn out to be so his valve body was bad so we left it on his jeep i bought another use valve body for my jeep now we put it on the jeep firstly it felt great but as soon as the tranny heats up the tranny starts to loose pressure while driving so i say maybe we got a bad valve body so i got another one and now this one the gear not changing thats my problem
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jeep Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for the question. Are these new valve bodies you are getting? The problem is with your transmission it is completely electronic and any difference in resistance in the solenoid pack will cause the trans to go into limp mode. Have you scanned for codes you should have a code in the pcm which will lead us to what part of your valve body is causing the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The vehicle is not in limp mode it drives off in first gear ratio but not changing to second,third or fourth

Do you have the codes? You have most likely got a bad solenoid pack