Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

06 Liberty, abs, traction control, and abs, lights on. U0415

Customer Question

06 Liberty, abs, traction control, and abs, lights on. U0415 and u0121. Fuses are ok, main power and ground are good to module. Not sure where to go next.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer This is a loss of communication from the ABS control module DTC. If you are sure that the power and ground to the module are good, then replace the ABS control module. No need to replace the HCU (Hydraulic Control Unit). just the electrical portion. remove the 4 Torx screws and lift the module off of the HCU. Now ONLY install a new one. A used module may not always be compatible. After you replace it, the module may need to be initialized by the dealer or a shop with the proper scan tool in order for it to work propoerly.

I hope this information helps! And please rate my service when you get a chance. Please note that I can still continue to help you even after you rate.

Thank you!

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are there any other tests to verify the issue?
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Not really, pretty cut and dry. If the ABS module will not communicate, yet it is getting it's power and ground like you say it is, then it has failed. I work at a Dodge/Jeep dealer and that is all we do to test this issue.

I hope that helps,

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you, ***** ***** new Year!!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!

Chris