bill
bill, jeep master tech
Experience:  25 years with jeep drivability and electrical expert
5203640

I have a 2010 Jeep JK, and the O2 sensor readiness test

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Jeep JK, and the O2 sensor readiness test won't complete. I have tested the O2 sensors and all 4 fall within the voltage limits. I have put almost 3,000 miles on it including multiple trips that should have completed the test. There are no error codes. I don't know what to do other than try replacing the O2 sensors. What would be causing this issue?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

is the pcm software up to date?

I have run into this a few times with outdated software

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
More than likely it isn't. I have never taken it back to the dealership since I bought it. I will give that a try. I appreciate your advice.
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

that's about the only thing that can prevent a monitor not to run WITHOUT any faults, shouldn't cost anything IF you have less than 80k on the clock if it's over that the usual fee is 1 hours labor to update any modules that need to be

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Really appreciate the info. It only has 33,000 miles on it, so that information will really help me out when I get to the dealer.
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

no problem just be nice when you get there remember just like any business they will take care of their regulars far easier than their never seen customers, and since you stated you have never returned they MAY give a bit of trouble, NOT trying to lecture you in any way but we always get people coming in thinking we are gonna rip them off, we are just following the rules the manufacturer gave us.

the dealer should definitely know the emissions warranty will cover pcm updates, flashes are something we do multiple times a day and are very routine, they will need to find a service bulletin that allows them to get it covered that's the only stumbling block you MAY encounter, but as soon as the tech connects and finds a flash for your jeep any service bulletins will come up.

this site is on the honor system once you are satisfied with the service you rate it, you have already paid to use the site all a rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time and that comes out of the fee you paid to use the service