Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year working in the automotive field as a Tech.
7276279

I am trying to recalibrate the occupant classification

Customer Question

I am trying to recalibrate the occupant classification system on a 2005 dodge grand caravan and I need to know what the exact weights are for the rfis, 6 year old child and 5th percentile female are, it says do empty first then to put the rfis and 6 year child , then rfis, 6 year old, and 5th percentile female for last test?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Dodge dose not provide a specific list of the weight amounts. The Occupant Classification System (OCS) needs to be calibrated with special seat weights. The special seat weights are Miller Special Tools # ***** If you do not have access to this tool weight set then you are going to need to contact your dealer to have calibration done for you.

See the tool set in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/weight%20set%20Dec%2025.pdf

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Actually the weight for each piece of miller tool# ***** is as follows Rfis/37lbs, 6 year old child/10lbs and 5th percentile female is 52lbs for a total of 99lbs. In case you ever needed that info in the future:)