Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Mechanic
Experience:  Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

, i have a 2003 jeep liberty i just installed a

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have a 2003 jeep liberty i just installed a aftermarket sound system but dont get any audio output i can see input sound on the station screen
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jeep Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 11 months ago.

Brand & Model Number of New Unit?
What Wiring Harness Adapter did you use?
Brand & Model / Part Number?
Was the previous Radio working?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
new unit is Boss model Bv9979b 340 watt 4 channel using standard wiring harness( it plugged right in to factory harness) adapter old unit Chrysler corporation p/n p05064125ad. yes the old unit was working. i dont think it was the premium system

sorry for the delay

thank you for the added info.............
There is NO way the Chrysler / Jeep Factory Radio is the same wiring configuration as the Boss Unit IF you say you plugged the Boss Unit wiring into the Factory Jeep Harness p05064125ad.
You have either used a Wiring Adapter that plugs into the Jeep p05064125ad Harness or you have shorted the Boss Unit, blown a fuse, etc
The Factory Harness is NOT the same as the Boss

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Obviously I used a standard wiring adapter harnace for the Boss The harness came with the kit for the in dash– installation it doesn't have a particular number but it plugged in in the wires were matched up with the standard wiring configurations in the service manual
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What I meant is the wiring harness pluged into the Chrysler system and was easy to plug-in the Boss system
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
never mind during the time lag I figured it out myself the wiring schematic simply didn't cover the powering up of the factory amps. Well that was a waste of money

glad you got it figured out, as I can only answer to your description

i dont think it was the premium system

so it takes time to look thru wiring

thanks for the update

Well that was a waste of money
????

You have not used any of your "Deposit"
Contact Customer Service for any $$$$ Issues