Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

What temperature does my jeep compass 2007 block heater kick

Customer Question

what temperature does my jeep compass 2007 block heater kick in?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 11 months ago.

Hello. the block heater doesn't really kick in at any particular temperature. When you plug it in, it immediately begins to heats the block.

If it's not heating up, the problem can be in the power cord or the heater element.

Is that what you were referring to? If so, you can test the block heater power cord using a 110 volt voltmeter or 110 volt test light. The heater element can be tested using an ohmmeter or 12 volt test light.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If it's a thermostatically controlled block heater. At what outdoor temp would it ick in?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Kick in?

according to alldata, it is not controlled by a thermostat

based on the diagram, it goes straight from the 110 outlet to the block heater. Is your set up different than that?

Would you like all the information I have on testing, removing, installing and description of the block heater and the a diagram showing the engine block components including the block heater and cord? I can provide them to you if you would like for 5.00 as an additional service option. Just let me know.