Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

My grandsons 95 jeep grand cherokee won't start so i was

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** My grandsons 95 jeep grand cherokee won't start so i was going to hook up my obd code reader and see if I could get an error code, but I could not find a plug-in
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: NO it was parked at my house a day a go and would not start. checked battery and is charged. making a noise like something is on. even though it is shut off
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jeep Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. I take it the engine cranks over but does not start? Have you checked for spark when cranking it over? Does it run on starting fluid?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does not crank over
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
makes a noise like something is on
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Ok, so the starter does not engagde? Have you checked power down to the starter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
power to starter
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

How much?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
starter and power is fine
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

So there is power to the starter but the engine is not turning? Is that correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have a friend who is a mechanic coming over to check it. since i know nothing about cars, so we are done here
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

ok