Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

My son's vehicle,, Embarrassing cause I used to work on

Customer Question

My son's vehicle,, Embarrassing cause I used to work on vehicles years ago and I am a SnapOn Dealer,, 2008, Jeep w/3.7L has 1/2 tank gas and was running prior to taking into dealer! Previously when immediately turning key, tries to start and turning off and on again would start for him. I had it do the same thing for me! Concerned of head gasket took to dealer since one morning starting,,,, hard start but turning starter to on/off then on,, it started! Ton of white smoke as I've seen before with cracked head or head gasket. Found out it was out of extended warranty so told them to leave alone and going to trade off! I had it towed since they pulled plugs and left it as a basket case! I put back together and tried starting,,,, it now tries to hit but not run! Is there something that I may have to hooked up? When cranking does the same as before but cannot get it to run continuously! SORRY FOR RAMBLING,,,, like to be thorough up front
Category: Jeep
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

have you checked for spark? have you checked for injector pulse? have you scanned it and checked for cam and crank signal?