Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Clarke..my jeep wont start, has no power at all
, its a

Customer Question

Customer: Clarke..my jeep wont start, has no power at all
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: its a 2012 wrangler, ran fine last night, this morning there is no power at all...no lights come on, nothing happens at all when you turn the key, i was going to put it in nuetral and roll it out of the garage, but it won't go out of gear either the battery was replaced less than 6 months ago
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jeep Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: any idea on how long?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 11 months ago.

Goof morning, have you tried jumpstsrting or charging the battery yet?

If you put a battery charger on make sure something wasn't accidentally left on causing battery drain. If possible charge the battery completely before cranking

If nothing was left on and no battery light when started we will have to diagnose you will need a voltmeter

Please forgive my spelling it's my tablet I am almost at my desktop. I will add Chrysler has a software update concerning many electrical issues I have programmed several with great success.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It started right up with jumper cables. With a new battery doesn't that indicate a problem somewhere else

could be, are you sure nothing was left on? If not we need to check it for a parasitic drain, and also I would like to see you get the flash update to your pcm

If you have a voltmeter one capable of reading amperage we can perform the parasitic drain test.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm going to take it in to the dealer

Okay sir well they will perform the flash update which will most likely cure your problem it has with the ones I have had. So is there anything else I can do for you, answer any question you have about this issue

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Should be good. Thanks

If i have been of service to you kindly give me a positive rating for it is how I get credit for helping you. Thanks and have a merry CHristmas