Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

We are currently having a stalling and sputtering issue that

Customer Question

Hi chris we are currently having a stalling and sputtering issue that has progressively gotten worse to where it wont even maintain an idol we are pulling the p0 351 code primary we are driving a 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with an inline 4 cylinder engine we have fuel injectors and we do not have
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Clayso replied 11 months ago.

Hi Josh, I'm Clay a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

From your description most likely the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) is at fault since you have replaced the coil. Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0351 sets when there is a problem with the ignition coil and or the ignition coils circuit and or the coils driver in the PCM. Verify you have power to the ignition coil during cranking from the ASD relay on the DG/OR at the coil. Check continuity between the PCM and the coil on the coil ground circuit wire. The coils number 1 driver should be a GY/WT wire from the coil to the PCM's A7 terminal in the black C1 connector. If you need a connector view let me know.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions or run into any problems let me know.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Expert:  Clayso replied 11 months ago.

Hi Josh,

I noticed you had viewed my answer, and I hope the information I gave was helpful. Let me know if you have followed through with my recommendations. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks so much.