Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year working in the automotive field as a Tech.
7276279

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. Sentry light came on, then

Customer Question

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. Sentry light came on, then the gauges started coming off and on - on their own (gas guage, temp, volts, even the speedometer. The power windows stopped working. Now the gauges are back, the sentry light is off but the engine
light is on and the power windows will not work at all. I am pretty certain that when I use the Jeep again, the gauges will not work for a while and the sentry light will be on again.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Since the check engine light and the Sentry light came on then in order to determine what is failing here the first thing you are going to need to do is to have the computer system scanned and see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting when these light cam on. If you can get this done and post back with the results . I will try and help you determine the cause.