sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

2009 Jeep Laredo TCM
, The car was running slow once in

Customer Question

Customer: 2009 Jeep Laredo TCM
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The car was running slow once in a while... trans light coming on. The auto shop said its the Trans Control Module... wants $1100 to replace it. It's my step daughters car... the extended warranty won't cover it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jeep Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm certain that what you're feeling is the trans going into limp in. When the trans controller sees an issue it thinks can cause potential damage it will lock the trans in a single gear causing it to be sluggish on takeoff and top speed will be limited.

Which engine do you have?
Do you know what fault codes are setting?