Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master...30+ years...Shop owner..engine builder..collision structural repair
2947720

How do you undo the 3 bolts that hold the computer module

Customer Question

How do you undo the 3 bolts that hold the computer module down on the inside drivers fenderwall? they appear to have no sort of "head" (i.e.-a flat side to accept a socket or crescent) only cylindrical in shape about5/16" wide and smooth for about 1/2 " depth then begin the threads into the unit. trying to replace the module on a 1989 jeep grand wagoneer.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Jerry replied 12 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

….

The bolts, (1/2" head size) for it go through from the other side. You get to them from the fender well and they screw into the module, the holes in the module are threaded.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.

Thanks

.