Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

2016. FCW is not working. ACC is working. Local dealers know

Customer Question

2016. FCW is not working. ACC is working. Local dealers know nothing about the systems and apparently do not have a diagnostic instrument to gauge the alignment or calibration.
What to do?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!!

The first step in determining what the issue is is to see what codes are in the The Forward Facing Camera (FFC) module. Do you have a way to retrieve the codes? I would use my WiTech here at the dealership to diagnose and repair your issues..

DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING - FORWARD COLLISION WARNING

The hard wired circuits between components related to the Forward Collision Warning (FCW+) system may be diagnosed using conventional diagnostic tools and procedures. Refer to the appropriate wiring information. The wiring information includes wiring diagrams, proper wire and connector repair procedures, details of wire harness routing and retention, connector pin out information and location views for the various wire harness connectors, splices and grounds.

However, conventional diagnostic methods will not prove conclusive in the diagnosis of the FCW+ system or the electronic controls and communication between modules and other devices that provide some features of the FCW+ system. The most reliable, efficient and accurate means to diagnose the FCW+ system or the electronic controls and communication related to FCW+ system operation requires the use of a diagnostic scan tool.

Talk soon,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the positive rating so I;m compensated for my time..

Have a great weekend,

Brad