Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

2005 Grand Cherokee Laredo heating issue... cold air is

Customer Question

2005 Grand Cherokee Laredo heating issue... cold air is blowing out of vents after engine has warmed up and A/C is confirmed off (light is off).
After warming up, engine gets a bit warm and then settles back to normal operating temp.
Almost feels like the AC is stuck on...
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 12 months ago.

If both heater hoses are hot going into the firewall then you have a HVAC issue as in blend door actuator or blend door itself.. Can you see if the blend door actuator is moving?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I can certainly check - how would I go about doing that?
Expert:  Brad replied 12 months ago.

Not sure if you have single or dual controls so click >>HERE<< to view all them. If the blend door actuator is moving then the door is broke inside the HVAC and the dash and HVAC will need to be removed to replace the blend door..

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have single zone controls. Where is this located under the hood? How do I test to see if the blend door actuator is moving?
Expert:  Brad replied 12 months ago.

I sent the actuator removal directions to you can access the actuator to see if it's moving