Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Have a 2004 jeep liberty throws code short to battery

Customer Question

have a 2004 jeep liberty throws code short to battery drivers seat belt cant figure it out
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have changed seat belt buckle that bolts to side of seat still air bag light is on try to clear codes and it says it cant
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. This is most likely an air bag control module, but could be a wiring issue. Basically the circuits between the driver's seat belt should not have any other external voltage applied to it. So if you were to disconnect the connector at the seat belt and the airbag control module you should not see any voltage on the circuits. If you do, then there is a wiring harness problem. IF there is no voltage, then the short to voltage is inside of the airbag control module and it will need to be replaced. Make sense?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where is air bag module located
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

It is under the center console in front of the shift lever. Once the center console is removed you will see it.

It will have 2 yellow connectors plugged into it.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay i changed engine in it and put differnt drivers seat in think something there could be wrong runs and drives fine
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok, well double check that wiring at the driver's seat before doing anything else.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should anhy of the wires running to seat be hot with key on because all are dead right now
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Not really, unless you have a power seat, then one wire (Red I think) will be hot. Otherwise no.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay will let u know thanks
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris