Dr.Carz
Dr.Carz, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years of exp. 10 with ford on my third with all other makes.Just love cars
35496794

I have a 1996 jeep grand Cherokee with 6 cylinder, 2wd.

Customer Question

I have a 1996 jeep grand Cherokee with 6 cylinder, 2wd. starting this past weekend, it blows the automatic shutdown relay fuse. this happens when I begin cranking the engine. I noticed that the fuel pump is running all of the time when the fuse has blown. what do I need to look for?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 12 months ago.

The relay feeds all 6 injectors, o2 sensor heater, pcm, ignition coil. I would start with the most vulnerable the o2 sensor. unplug the pre cat/upstream and try. Then the downstream. These have heater elements inside that tend to short out. If this does not resolve then I would go with the coil. Then Its time to diesect the harness. Let me know how you make out.

Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 11 months ago.

ANY LUCK WITH THE JEEP i AM CURIOUS TO WHAT YOU MAY HAVE FOUND? PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY SERVICE AND ACCEPT THANK YOU.

Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 11 months ago.

Have you any updates on the Jeep? If I have been of assistance please remember to Rate my Services an Accept Thank You.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I answered your e-mail last week. I took your advise and unplugged both o-2 sensors, and all injectors. then plugged them back in, one at a time, trying to start as I went. The car has been running great for over a week. Thank you four help.
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 11 months ago.

I do not receive payment for my service until you accept my response with feedback. Thanks.