Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

0ne head light out replaced blub and scokett no luck

Customer Question

Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. which headlight is out? And is it the low beam or high beam that is out?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just anser
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just ans the question
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

I,m sorry, which headlight?

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

I need to know which headlight so I can look up the wiring diagram and see what else may be causing the light to not work.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
passenger side
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
passangerside
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Okay. Thanks. Let me research the wiring diagram and see what it may be.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I have researched this and if the driver's side works, then the problem is the FCM (Front Control Module). The FCM is that thin module attached to the front fuse box under the hood. The FCM has special headlamp driver circuits in it that controls the lighting on the Jeep. That driver circuit for the passenger headlamp has failed. You will need to replace the FCM. I am 99% sure that this will fix it.

I hope this information helps, and let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

By the way, the FCM has 4 screws holding it onto the fuse box. Very easy to replace.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris