Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

My 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee v8 5.2 with 266,000 miles has

Customer Question

my 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee v8 5.2 with 266,000 miles has just started displaying 'check engine' light. Because of the year, Auto Zone cannot give a diagnostic on the problem. It still drives fine and all the fluid levels are okay.
Any idea what could be the problem?
Bron
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** can check codes yourself, here are instructions. Let me know what codes you are getting and we will go from there. Thanks.

-

1. Without starting the engine, turn the ignition key ON, OFF, ON, OFF and ON. The CHECK ENGINE light on the dash will begin to flash.
  2. If any trouble codes are stored in the PCM memory, the CHECK ENGINE light will flash the number of the first digit, pause and flash the number of the second digit. For example, Code 23, air temperature sensor circuit would be indicated by two flashes, pause three flashes. A long pause will appear between individual codes if more than one code is present. Carefully observe the flashes and record the exact code number(s) onto paper.
  3. After the stored codes have been indicated (or if everything in the self diagnosis system is functioning properly), the CHECK ENGINE light will flash a Code 55.