eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase mechanic 16 Plus years in the field
6149662

It has taken me longer to respond than anticipated...I ended

Customer Question

Hi...it has taken me longer to respond than anticipated...I ended up taking my jeep to the dealership as I'm out of time...they did a compression and leak-down test with no negative results, and filled cylinder one with a cleaner thinking maybe excesses
carbon might be causing the code, but that didn't help either...their next step was to tear down the engine and possibly rebuild the heads. the tags expire in less than a week and I can't pass deq. I am going to tear down the engine myself and send the head(s)
in to be rebuilt... My question is...can I have only one head rebuilt or do they both have to done done together ??
Category: Jeep
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

Its smartest to have them both done. it will help keep cylinder balance and compression even.. Do them both

Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you