Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I am not getting heat in my 2005 Jeep Grand

Customer Question

I am not getting heat in my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee....dealer said is was heater core..... not sure if I believe them since their 32 point inspection said all levels were full when washer fluid was bone dry and antifreeze was half low. Anyway I can confirm the problem ? ED
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello Ed and welcome to just answer. The way to confirm that it is the heater core is to get the engine warmed up, and then feel the temperatures of the 2 heater hoses going into the fire wall in the engine compartment. Bothe hoses should be hot. If one hose is warm and the other not so warm, then the heater core is clogged up and not flowing coolant. If both hoses are hot yet you have no heat in the cabin, then the problem is NOT the heater core. It would be an HVAC temperature blend door problem and the dealer will have to re diagnose that.

I hope this helps you out!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

ello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris