Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have an 08 jeep grand cherokee and two problems just

Customer Question

I have an 08 jeep grand cherokee and two problems just started happening today. 1st the remote start no longer works, then now I am getting a picture of an engine lite up in the middle of my dash. The owner manual says its a malfunction indicator light. I tried the key trick but it did not give me any error code.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Try resetting the system by disconnecting the negative battery cable for 2 minutes and then reconnect it. Now start the vehicle normally with the key. Shut it off and close the doors and lock them with the remote. Wait 30 seconds and then try to remote start it. Let me know if that works

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well there were two questions on my request. I did as you said for the remote start and it did not work. I am also still having the issue of the malfunction indicator light. So far the problem is ongoing.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then we need to get a scan tool connected to the vehicle and check for diagnostic trouble codes. Drive the Jeep to your local auto parts store. They will connect their scan tool to the vehicle and check the codes. Most stores will do this for free. Once you do that, tell me what the code are and we will go from there.

Chris