Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year working in the automotive field as a Tech.
7276279

2013 Grand Cherikee Ltd, rear gate stopped working and would

Customer Question

2013 Grand Cherikee Ltd, rear gate stopped working and would not lock. Able to manually lock it, but now it will not open and none of the electrical operators have any effect.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to help you determine the cause of the problem you are having with the lift gate the first hing you are going to need to do is have the system scanned and see what the B fault code and or codes are that should be setting in the Power Lif tGate Module (PLGM) . Unfortunately unless you have access to a fully compatible Jeep scan tool this is going to need to be done by your dealer. If you can get the fault code and or codes and post back with them I will advise you from there. It very possible the problem is with the module but to know either way you will need the scan performed.