Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year working in the automotive field as a Tech.
7276279

I have a 2007 Jeep Compass Sport 2.4L,4 cylinder, CVT 4WD.

Customer Question

Today, while driving, an engine warning lights came on. One light is the Electronic Throttle Control Indicator Light. The light continued to flash until I made it to work and turned the car off. While driving, I had noticed power loss, especially at low speeds; a rough idle; I also had problems accelerating. The engine would go a little and then there was no power.
What is wrong with my car? What needs to be done to fix it? How much is this going to cost me? I am disabled and trying to get Social Security Disability. I do not have any income. I do get $185.00 in food stamps from Social Services. If you know of a cheaper way to fix this please let me know.
Thanks,
Lisa Huttner ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello Lisa and thank you for your question,

The ETC light comes on when the computer sees a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to be able to help you determine the cause you are going to need to have the computer system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. Most auto parts stores such as Auto Zone will do this scan for you at no charge. If you can get this done and post back with the fault code and or codes I can advise you from there as to what needs repair.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Checking back in with you to see if you where able to get th system scanned and if so what where the fault codes and or codes you retrieved. Post back if you still needing hel and we can work from there.