Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

My sky slider sunroof module is out of sink and needs to be

Customer Question

my sky slider sunroof module is out of sink and needs to be re set so it will close. what is the procedure to reset or program the module? 09 liberty
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

Do you know what codes are setting in the PTM(Power Top Module)? Do you have a scantool to re-initialize the motors?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no and no
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

If only one motor is working then you will first need a scantool to see what codes are setting.. Then will need to run the diagnostics for each code to determine the issue then you will be able to relearn the top...

You can try this:

STANDARD PROCEDURE - DRIVE MOTOR TEACH PROCEDURE

REPLACEMENT DRIVE MOTOR

1.Press and hold the sunroof switch open until the sunroof glass fully opens, automatically reverses direction, and stops at a position just forward of the full open position.

2.Release sunroof switch.

3.Within five seconds of releasing sunroof switch, press and hold the sunroof switch open again until the sunroof glass closes, goes into vent position, and then finally stops in the closed position.

4.Release sunroof switch. Sunroof will now operate normally.

ORIGINAL DRIVE MOTOR

1.Press and hold sunroof switch open until the sunroof glass opens and stops.

2.Release sunroof switch.

3.Press and hold sunroof switch open once again for at least 10 seconds. After 10 seconds of pressing the switch open, the sunroof glass will automatically move and stop at a new location.

4.Release sunroof switch.

5.Within five seconds of releasing the sunroof switch, press and hold the switch open again until the sunroof glass closes, goes into vent position, and then finally stops in the closed position.

6.Release sunroof switch. The sunroof will now operate normally.

But if it doesn't work you will need a scantool to retrieve the codes..

I hope this helps,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am familiar with the glass sunroof. I have the folding sky slider cloth roof that most regret having
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

To be honest we don't see no more sky slider issues then we do sunroof issues, and at this point you will need a scantool to see what codes are set, then erase them and recalibrate the top and see if any come back.. Maybe just a re-initialization will do the trick...

If you don't have a scantool we (Dealership) charge 1 hr labor which is around $100.00 to update and recalibrate modules...

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was hoping you could help beyond taking it to the dealer. thanks any way. No charge?
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

For your particular issues you will need a scantool to re-initalize the top, and since you don't have access to one then you will need to have someone with a scantool relearn it for you...

Thank you for the positive rating,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the offer but a phone call won't tell me any thing new.
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

I understand, and thank you again for the positive rating..

Have a greatday,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 12 months ago.

Don't forget to rate so I'm compensated for my time..

Expert:  Brad replied 12 months ago.

David I hope you were able to get a scantool to relearn your top...

And don't forget to rate so I'm compensated for my time..