Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit. The head lights are

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit. The head lights are cracked. Do you know of any defects in the Headlights? I am being told they were hit by something. I think they are DEFECTIVE.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, both lights? if so, possible to snap a pic and send to this post? I am curious at this point and would like to at least see this before I send my input as 3rd party, Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pls give me an address to mail the pictures.
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

no no, on your end you can use a link that allows to upload to this post, Like this, see my link as example

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both headlights are cracked -- there is no damage to the front grill or the paint at all. The cracks appear to be within the glass. See attached photos.Thank you.
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I have been off, I prefer to opt out, this I have not seen before, Another expert should be along soon to pickup where we left off

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

Different expert here. There are no known issues with the headlamp lenses developing cracks on there own.

I understand that you will not like this answer, but those cracks in the photos are typical of cracks caused by rocks or other debris which the impact causes an interior crack. I have seen plenty of these among my customers' vehicles and by the photos, it is apparent that these are cracks caused by road debris

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks