Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

The2007 jeep after driving while starting on and off from

Customer Question

The2007 jeep after driving for a while starting on and off from places to places when I go to start it it hesitate ill put in drive give it gas and it will go slow until what ever is going on plus the check engine light blinked first then stayed on what's
the problem?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** the check engine light flashes it means vehicle is misfiring, it usually means you have a failed coil. Lets start by checking diagnostic codes, here is a video that shows how to check codes. Let me know what they are, thanks.

-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ey98NHFrIA

-

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is6is easy and expensive?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

It is usually pretty easy and I would expect repair to be around $200 at a shop assuming problem is the coil. Were you able to check diagnostic codes? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You seem to know your stuff ill let you know if you're right when I b0it to to the shop.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Checking codes is going to be needed for me to give the best answer possible, you can check them yourself by turning key on-of-on-off-on and they will display on odometer as shown in above link. Let me know how it goes, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tired to get code nothing happened last thing read trip 70 so I don't think it has a code
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

You can also have codes checked at your local parts store for free which is probably your 2nd best option. Let me know what codes you are getting when you get a chance to check them. Thanks.