Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech
Experience:  36yrs.in Auto Industry, Aamco Trans.Master..
17290852

My 95 jeep grand Cherokee limited 4.0 will not shift back

Customer Question

Customer: my 95 jeep grand Cherokee limited 4.0 will not shift back into first gear / 42re / replaced a leaking cooling line & cleaned the bottom side with brake cleaner. did i mess up a sensor? ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: that's about it except it leaked for a long time & sprayed fluid from front to back ,ie/ the cleaning part
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jeep Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 1 year ago.

`Hello , This is normally a easy job......just replace the governor solenoid along with the transducer located on the valve body very easy...be sure you take off battery cables first so the computer will go to relearn process....Thanks Joey

Make sure to check fluid level in the N range on gear selecter with parking brake on