bill
bill, jeep master tech
Experience:  25 years with jeep drivability and electrical expert
5203640

Im trying to change my low beam headlight, but what I have

Customer Question

Im trying to change my low beam headlight, but what I have look snnothing like what is shown here
Category: Jeep
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

sounds like you have xenon bulbs which usually require you to remove the headlight bucket to remove, xenon bulbs are NOT like traditional filament headlamps as they require an ignitor to create light, they "ignite" a gas in the bulb which then creates the light, if you can provide the vin I can decode the option list and see if you have this style of lamp

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My VIN is 1N4BA41E14C917417.
My owners manual shows an H11 blulb, just like the auto parts store I bought the new one. I cant see how to get teh xenon blub out and in. Probably have to take it to a shop, which I would love to avoid.
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

the vin you supplied is invalid can you please recheck it ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea, wrong car. I'll check and send it when I can. Thanks for your time.
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lets assume I have the xenon bulb. Whats the best way to get to it?
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

without a correct vin that's only an assumption, BUT assuming it is an xenon bulb 1 the bulb is around 200.00 and due to it's size I find it easiest to pull the headlamp assembly which on the grand Cherokee ( and most newer vehicles) you need to remove the front bumper cover, NOT a terrible job but around an hours labor to do