Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

My turn signals have stopped working. I replaced the entire

Customer Question

My turn signals have stopped working. I replaced the entire unit on the steering column,
but it still don't work. the 4 way flashers work fine. Nick.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 1 year ago.

The part on the column is usually not a problem with these, you need to remove the flasher module (hazard switch) I will bet you it is bad but we can diagnose the hazard switch is also the flasher for the turn signals remove it it has 10 wires in its connector 1-10 this is there purpose 1. B+ 2. ground 3. r turn out 4. hazard lamp 5. L turn in 6. empty 7. L turn out

8. ignition 9. r turn in 10 panel lamps.

I am sure you will find inputs in but not out, you dont have any trailer wiring do YOu? If so be cautious these modules cannot handle the extra current of added lights. I hope this helps

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Reggie. Thanks for your response. I have two problems, 1. I don't understand the 10 wires you wrote to me about
Could I bother you to explain them again. 2. I have been trying all this time to locate a hazard switch and I can't find one.
I live in the boondocks, like 80 miles from the nearest town [ kingman ], and they have nothing. I have been trying my
computer with no luck.......Help, Nick.

Here is a picture of the location. I lI've in boondocks to ain't it great, replace that part u Wil have turn signals