Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a2000 xj with fed emissions and am getting code p0141

Customer Question

I have a2000 xj with fed emissions and am getting code p0141 where is that o2 sensor located. I have 2 sensors on the manifold and one by the Bell housing. No sensor after the cat and no place to plug one in.but there is A port for one there.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The code set here is for oxygen sensor on bank 1 sensor 2 which is the sensor after the catalytic converter.Depending on the emissions on this model the federal emissions is in the rear of the exhaust system and the california emissions is right below the pre cat.Both pictured below.Labeled as 1/2 is the sensor you are looking for to replace.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oi8e1sfvy1w0qt0/ox-11-17.gif?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s5jz3fw07tmj0x6/oxy-11-17.gif?dl=0

The only other thing it could be if you do not have the sensor in the correct location is the engine computer is programmed incorrectly and either needs replaced with the correct computer or reprogrammed by a dealer to correct this fault here with this code setting.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I find out what is my jeep set up for on the emissions? I have a fed muffler sys and a Cali wiring harness. Will the emissions label say what system it has? Does the ecm have different part numbers for the different types of emissions?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

The emissions label under the hood should tell you if this is a California emissions vehicle or Federal emissions vehicle.If you do not see this you can also contact a dealer with your vehicles VIN number and they can usually tell you from there what emissions your vehicle has.The ECM does have a different part number for federal and cali. emissions.I show different part numbers depending on if this is automatic or manual transmisison.

Manual Trans

Federal

56041667AD $840.00

Order By Description.

California

56041668AD $724.00

Order By Description.

Auto Trans

Federal

56041634AE $534.00

Order By Description.

California

56041635AE $724.00

Order By Description.

Thanks Pete