Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

2001 Jeep Grande Cherokee will not downshift into first gear

Customer Question

2001 Jeep Grande Cherokee will not downshift into first gear after stop. Fluid level is good. Thanks,Millard.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

It's most likely a bad governor pressure transducer but in order to determine that you will need a scantool.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a Snap-On scan tool and 27 years of driveability experience.But not very much automatic transmission experience.
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

If it will give you the governor pressure then monitor it when you have it in drive. The pressure should be 0 with foot on brake and in drive. If it's anything over 0 then it will need to be replaced and anytime I replace the governor pressure transducer I also replace the governor pressure solenoid because they work hand in hand. I attached the location of them. To replace them all you will need to do is drop the pan and then remove them using a Torx and a 7/16..

Glad I could help,

Brad