sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My jeep chorkee 2004; The cluch fan runs fast and over

Customer Question

My jeep chorkee 2004; The cluch fan runs fast and over heats. can I just disconect the fan for the weekend?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the engine is overheating you can't remove the fan clutch and continue to drive it without damaging the engine. Removing the fan clutch will cause the overheating to become worse and engine damage will be almost guaranteed, even with the fan clutch in place continuing to drive it overheating will likely result in damage.

Overheating can be caused by many things including low coolant level, the water pump, thermostat, a restricted radiator, or a combustion leak.

Has the coolant level been checked?