Roger, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Automotive Technician
88470418

I have a 1998 grand Cherokee that vibrates at 40 mph only

Customer Question

Hi I have a 1998 grand Cherokee that vibrates at 40 mph only when I'm on the gas
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'd be happy to help! What you're experiencing is called driveline vibration, and in your case the most likely cause is a worn universal joint. You'll need to take the driveshaft off and inspect each u joint for play. If it's an automatic, a faulty torque converter is possible as well, but the most likely is the driveshaft. If you have any more questions let me know. Please don't forget to rate, they won't compensate me unless I've been rated. Thank you!

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Just checking on the status of your vehicle. Also, please remember to rate, they won't compensate me unless I've been rated. Thank you!