Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year working in the automotive field as a Tech.
7276279

I have 96 jeep cheeroke six cylinder.. won't start. Gauges

Customer Question

I have 96 jeep cheeroke six cylinder. . won't start. Gauges not working fuel pump running. No fire
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are having may be due to having burned the fuse link wire from the alternator to the under hood fuse panel. Trace the dark green.orange wire from the alternator over to the under hood fuse panel where the fuse link connects and see if its burned. See the wiring diagram in the link below for reference. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it. Check this for me and let me know what you find and we can work from there.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Jeep%20alt%20wiring%20Nov%2011.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The green and orange.No burnt wire . It connects under the fuse box into a plug in . where it changes colors
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay do you have power in and out of the fuse link as well as at the alternator, also have you checked all the fuse in the fuse panel with the key on to make sure none are blown?

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Post back with the results and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked all under hood in fuse panel. All are good. In process putting alternator back on. I go from there. Keep ya posted.tnks
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay but make sure you check each fuse with the key on to make sure you have power to them, let me know and we can work from there.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Im here all day.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alternator on. Test light is dim on the bottom two posts. Top post or main wire from battery power there good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still same prob
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

So you are still not able to start the engine? Have you checked to see if you are loosing spark to the spark plug as well as injector pulse and the fuel pressure?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was a dam fuse. Thought I checked the . Any ways tnnk you Sir
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

I suspected as much , glad to hear you got it resolved and thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.